2009/08/30

School stole my spare time

Yeah, school started. >__>'' It’s been only a week and a half and I’m pretty much dead already. So much work to do. Well, things will probably get a bit easier in about four weeks or so when the exams are over. I can cope until then, right?

I’ve been doing my Swedish homework so my brain doesn’t really compute in English right now. :''D Got to update my blog now anyway, when I have the time. I was going to update last weekend but then I didn’t have the time or the energy to do it. Now then, on with the show!

Last Friday I was in the Night of the Arts with my family. Mom just decided out of the blue that she wanted to see the performance of les Plasticiens Volants and so we headed to Senate Square. We were there at around 9 p.m. so we had plenty of time to decide where we wanted to stand. Later on there were so many people that they didn’t even fit to the square.

Taiteidenyö1 Not all that many people yet. :—D Only the stairs are crowded.

The performance itself was great. My pocket camera (or my photographing skills for that matter) wasn’t at its best when I desperately tried to take photos of the giant floating sea creatures… Luckily enough, I managed to find some settings with which I could take decent photos in the dark. Most of them were unfocused, but I thought I’d show you a few anyway. ^^

Taiteidenyö2 (Click for larger pic, as always.) This was the first thing we saw. Sorry for the bad quality, I just wanted to show how amazingly detailed these things were… All those paintings and everything… *-*

Taiteidenyö3 These things were so funny! Notice also the little boy sitting on his dad’s shoulders… He has a cool dragon-like hat. :D

Taiteidenyö4 Here’s a more overall-ish photo of the three first creatures… I was dumb and took way too many photos at hte begining of the show; my camera’s battery died in the middle of the show. >.<''

Taiteidenyö5This was probably the coolest of them all in my opinion. The photo is smudgy and dark but in real life this was extremely detailed and beautifully painted. *-* And huge too!

I just love all kinds of interesting performances. I’ve probably inherited that from my parents; my dad especially loves things like modern circus and big shows (Cirque du Soleil etc.).

On Saturday I met some of the members of Versailles’ Street Team Finland. I was being shy most of the time but I got new friends anyways. ^^ I was pretty much brain-dead when I got back home but I managed to take a few photos of myself anyways. :''D

Posepose These are the clothes I was wearing… Not vampire-y (:''D) enough for the occasion, but… :''D (Honestly, sorry for failing in writing today. >.<'') Posing, anyone? x) And sorry for the lack of shoes. Notice my Turtlez-toed socks (what my cousin calls them). :'3

I also took a few photos of my face featuring my hand to show off my nails, and then some photos with ‘theater make-up’ on but those aren’t really worth publishing. ^^

I’ve been having this strange Finnish pop period. :''D I’ve realized that some Finnish songs actually have very good lyrics… I totally love how some lyrics go so well with my life. This of course applies to all songs, not just Finnish ones. Queen, Sting etc. *-* … I suddenly got the urge to listen Hinder’s Lips of an Angel… *______*

…Two weeks is too long a break from blogging. Too much has happened, small things that I’ve been meaning to share with you… Well, you’re probably too bored to read my all too long posts anyway. 8D

I’ve been told that I look like a ballerina… This has happened twice during the past week. I’m flattered, of course, though I have to disagree with those comments. Ballerinas, dancers and gymnasts are usually pretty easy to recognize due to their perfect posture, confident yet delicate appearance and the graceful way they move. Sure, I’d like to look like them but I guess people just associate the fact that I don’t seem to have basically anything around my ribs with the slender figure of a ballerina. o.O My posture is anything but confident or perfect. I started showdance again, though, so maybe I’ll someday actually look like a dancer. : D *is hopeful*

With that, I’m off to do my nails. ^^ See you again as soon as possible.

1 comment:

  1. kivat vaatteet tos kuvas : DD joo ja silmäilin tekstin vaan ko aivot ei toimi väsymystä taas xD

    ReplyDelete