2010/07/24

* My Munich adventure *

That’s right, ladies and gentlemen; I’m back from my short trip to Munich! I’ll tell you right away that there are going to be two posts about this; this one right here about the trip in general and then another one for the gig, the man, the fandom etc. I mean, you don’t really think Gackt would even fit this post with his ego? Not to mention my fandom. This post would be like hundred miles long or something. x3

Anyways, let’s get this show on the road!

I was slightly nervous about travelling completely alone from start to finish for the first time. I left my house at around ten o’clock on Wednesday morning and first took a bus and a train to get to Helsinki. From there I took another bus to get to the airport. I had done my check-in in the net the previous night and travelled with hand luggage only, so I could just walk right through the security control to the gates. I had plenty of time at the airport, so I crabbed a sandwich and some hot chocolate. After eating, I had to wait for about twenty minutes for the boarding to start and before I knew it, I was on the plane heading for the Copenhagen airport. I flew with SAS and was a bit disappointed for not getting anything to drink. I would have had to pay just to get water, so I didn’t take anything and pretty much just slept through the flight.

At CPH I had to wait for about forty minutes for the boarding of my flight to Munich to start. I didn’t even need to walk anywhere, since the gate for the flight to Munich was the same one I had arrived to from Helsinki. I read for a while and just tried to relax as best as I could. I bought a bottle of water on the flight to Munich and again slept for the most part. Everything went very smoothly.

Once I arrived in Munich, I could easily find my way to the parking lot, where my bus to the centre was already waiting. The bus driver was very friendly and there were only about ten people in the bus during the drive. I saved 2,50€ by buying a two-way ticket, yay! It took about an hour to reach the centre, so I was there at some time before six p.m.

The first thing I did in Munich was buying a map of the city from the train station. It didn’t help me all that much at first, though, because I got a bit lost right away. I somehow managed to misunderstand where I was in the first place and started to walk to the direction that was about 45 degrees off from where I was actually supposed to be going. :'D Well, after a few wrong turns and pauses to read the map, I managed to find my way to the hotel. ^^

There was some kind of a promotion event for the movie Knight and Day on the Karlsplatz, which was completely crowded with people.

The fountain was surrounded with huge Knight and Day banners and there was a red carpet on the other side of it. Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz were actually coming to the place, but I didn’t stay to wait, since I wouldn’t have been able to see them anyway and I just wanted to find my hotel. :'3

I reached my hotel at around eight p.m. and after settling down, I went to eat to an Italian restaurant which was in the same building as the hotel. I first spoke English to the waiters but when I heard them speaking in Italian I also changed the language. They were first trying to speak to me in German, but I figured that I’m more comfortable in Italian. The waiters were obviously very pleased with that, as Italians often are when they hear a foreigner trying to speak their language. After eating Spaghetti Napoli and some Crème caramel, I asked for the bill in Italian. The waiter asked me if I was French and I told me I was Finnish. He was all “Que bella!” and I felt really pleased with myself, obviously. ^^ I thanked him and wished him good night, heading back to my hotel room.

The first night in Munich was painful, to say the least. I took a shower in the evening, but my room was so hot that I was hardly able to sleep at all. Luckily I’ve been sleeping shorter nights lately, so waking up in the morning wasn’t as hard as I thought it might be.

I took another shower in the morning, made myself some tea and headed out to the shopping street, to buy myself a deodorant (the best thing to forget when going to +30°C Munich to see Gackt in a concert >.<''). I took my camera with me, just to take some photos for you!

The shopping street was right through this gate. I took the photos on my way back to te hotel, after having walked to the Karlsplatz again. ^^

In the middle of the walking street, there’s Marienplatz with this huge Neue Rathaus that just wouldn’t fit in one photo!

There are some dolls in the tower that supposedly do something at certain times of day. I heard some bells ringing when I was there, but the dolls wouldn’t move. Here’s a close-up anyway:

And under the dolls, there was a statue of someone riding. (Wow, good job me with finding out what was going on with these sights!)

I had to take tons of photos because the building was so beautiful. *-* Too bad I was hurrying and didn’t really pay too much attention, so the quality is once again crappy. :'3

I wonder why they’d put some random shops in such a gorgeous building. o.O Well, I loved watching it from the outside.

There was a golden statue on top of a pillar in the middle of the square. I guess she’s the Holy Mary, considering that this was Mariensplatz and that she’s holding a baby with her left arm. ^^ A close-up again:

Tired of the photos yet? Just a couple more. :D

A tower!

A church!

People by the river. Just where I would’ve liked to be. *-*

Yet another tower!

Okay, that’s pretty much it for the photos. ^^ I decided to save some money and ate lunch at a McDonald’s. That Big Mac meal was the only thing I ate on Thursday, so it’s a surprise I didn’t die at the gig. :D

I came back to the hotel at around 13.30 and rested there for a while. I took yet another shower and thought about sleeping, but I was way too nervous to do that. I ended up leaving the hotel at around three p.m. and didn’t get too lost on my way to the venue.

*insert the gig review here*

I was back at the hotel somewhere around ten p.m., totally soaked from sweating and from the rain. The thunderstorm was a blessing, really, although I was slightly worried about the only pair of shoes I brought with me. :'D I stayed up for some time, beaming and taking photos of the goods I bought (more about them later) and having a texting war with Zara. :'3 I took a shower and went to sleep before midnight.

The next morning was cloudy, and it rained a bit when I left the hotel. A kind man in the reception did my check-in for me, so I didn’t have to worry about that. I walked to the station, hopped on the airport bus and ended up being three hours early at the airport. I ate some sushi (which was incredibly good, by the way *-*) before heading for the security control. I spent most of the extra time listening to Gackt and reading, but I felt more like sleeping. I got to sit with a lot of small children around me in the plane, some playing around, some screaming for fun and some crawling on the floor. So no sleep at all during that flight. Luckily I like kids an am usually patient, so I was mostly able to laugh it of. Especially when I realized I was going to get a free meal with drinks. *-* (Nothing special, but at least I didn’t have to pay! And I got some orange juice, bliss.~) Lufthansa was a much more pleasant experience than SAS, I can tell you that.

When I got back to Helsinki, I had my whole family waiting for me. Everyone had so much to tell others, since dad had been on a biking trip for the past week and mom had taken my sister with her to Seinäjoki where she had spent her nights when she had a gig with her singing group nearby.

I hope that’s all for my trip. o.o I’m feeling pretty much exhausted. Sorry for the low quality of this post, I feel like I’ve failed with English again. -.-'' Can’t have anything to do with my will to get to write the gig review already. ;D

♥ Hetha ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment