2010/07/18

The major fangirlism strikes back!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! ASDFGH (sorry about this :__D) !!

You know what ‘tis all about, right? I’m really starting to feel the GACKTism here. I’ve dreamed of seeing him live ever since the 8th grade and even though I got the ticket to his concert and got the trip settled, the whole thing just seemed very surreal to me. Until today.

As you might have guessed, I read some gig reviews by the people who were at his concert in London yesterday and the fangirlism stroke me very hard. (The internet is such a dangerous place for a girl like me who easily takes influences from others. The *squeeeeee* mode spreads like nothing else when I read any fan reports.) Only five more days and I’m off to Munich all on my own. And after that, just one day before I’ll get to see the egoist of my life. ♥ x3 And this time I’m up for the whole lining up thing too, like a good fan. I’ve paid enough for this and I’m going to get the full experience of a great gig. What would I do alone in Munich anyway? I’ll just leave the hotel on Thursday morning, grab something to eat and head to the concert place to meet the other fans and wait for the Man with his crew to arrive. :'3 (I wish I had some information about the gig routine in Germany… Limits to the time we can stand in line, are there any extra fees we need to pay in Theaterfabrik etc.)

Oh well, I guess we’ll see how it goes. I’m just so excited about this whole trip, traveling alone, seeing GACKT etc. that I can’t even write anything understandable. (Wonder why I even started… I guess I just had to get all that ‘gah’ out of my system. :'D My apologies.)

~♥~

Ahem, let’s see if I’ve got anything comprehensible to the non-j-rock-loving readers… (A short pause in writing here, reading another review and almost crying already.)

It’s still Too Darn Hot here (and I can’t stop loving that song, btw), so I haven’t really been doing much. Or actually – I forgot it’s been two weeks since my last post. I was on a Saimaa cruise with my parents for four days the week before, and we’ve had about 30°C almost every day since then. Can’t complain, because we don’t really get warm weather often here in Finland, but I’ve got to say that this darn heat is eating me up.

Anyway, I forgot to take my camera with me to Saimaa and my dad has got his camera with him right now, so I haven’t got any photos from the cruise. The Saimaa Canal was amazing and I loved Olavinlinna, as I love all the old castles I visit, so the cruise was a success. I suffered from a slight lack of sleep from staying up ‘til four in the morning on a couple of nights before the cruise (MSN with Zara, obviously. Dad found out but hasn’t killed me yet.) and as we were going through the Canal from 3:15 to 8:15 in the morning, I was a bit tired and actually slept in the cabin whenever I could (I had to wake up to eat occasionally). :'3 The hot weather was unbearable, even when we were at the sea, but at least it wasn’t +15°C and raining.

~♥~

Before the cruise (yay, Heta, thanks for doing this chronologically), I surprised myself by sopping in Sello and actually managing to buy something! Bad for my wallet, I guess I won’t be eating much in Munich, but good for my mood. :3

I finally bought myself a new wallet! I was happily surprised that this one has actually got a good amount of card pockets in it. Now I won’t have to try to stuff all the cards on top of each other. Notice my French manicure in the photo, too. Mavala White and Lumene Dancing Waves.

I found these too from – surprise, surprise – Seppälä. Again, their size 34 is too big for me, so I have to buy from their ‘teenager line’, Link. I’m starting to feel like these shirts make me look like a child…

Well, this dress is actually from the women’s section. ^^' I actually really like this one, even though I never seem to get the collar right…

~♥~

Alrighty then, next a little something about nails! First I’d like to show you a wannabe summer-y manicure I did a while back.

Sorry for the messy. :'3 I wanted to try something a bit out of the ordinary (my ordinary, that is) and went for a nail art with summery colours. As you might know, my polish collection consists mostly of darker or flashy colours, not of the currently fashionable taupes or creamy pastels, so I went for the brighter shades. Mavala Gold, OPI DS Reflection and OPI Catch Me In Your Net. Due to the hot weather, the golden polish got extremely bubbly. For some reason, I could only stand this mani for a day or so before replacing it with the French one, shown earlier in this post.

Next, a new polish to my collection. I know what you must be thinking right now, but please let me explain! My little sister was in Barcelona for a week and she bought this to me as a souvenir. It’s not completely my fault that my polish collection just keeps growing!

Sorry for the crappy look. I was pleasantly surprised by this, because I had just read a review of a Kiko nail polish in someone’s blog when I got this. The review was very positive, so I couldn’t keep from trying this on right away. I first applied this on a fake nail and noticed immediately that this one could be the great one-coater. I was super excited and almost jumped up and down from the perfection of this polish when I first applied it to my nails. The excitement didn’t last long, however, because I noticed that the polish was getting very bubbly when it dried. I removed the polish in the evening, disappointed. But, as I reapplied it in the morning, in the basement where it’s cooler than elsewhere in the house, I noticed that the bubbliness (is that even a word?) was again mostly just caused by the warmth. My top coat, however, seems to have suffered more by the warmth, since it almost made this polish look worse than what it was by itself.

Kiko polishes cost only 1,90 € and it seems to me they are worth every cent. This colour, Midnight Blue, is a great example for me of the fact that darker polishes are actually harder to wear than the lighter ones. I should have cleaned the polish more around the cuticles, and the tip wear starts bothering me with these darker colours sooner than with the lighter polishes.

~♥~

I’ve been trying to take some photos of myself (narcissistic, much?) despite the heat we’re having. I’ve got a few okay inspirations and a couple of nightly bad-for-the-quality inspirations too. Here are some photos I’d like to show you:

A ballet-inspired piece. The concept was ‘Never the ballerina I longed to be’ or something similar. There are many things I don’t like in this one, but there always are. :'3

Here’s what my nightly inspiration looked like yesterday. I don’t know why but this photo somehow reminds me of some old paintings of noble ladies (except that they obviously looked better x3). Maybe it’s the serious look or the play of light and shadow… I don’t know. (By the way, corsets can really do wonders to one’s bust. >w<)

And here’s something very different again – me by the pool. Erm, lol?

And – well, another lol at me trying to look cool?

I could keep this on forever, but I’ve got to go to sleep soon. >.<'' 

~♥~

Just one more thing about what I’ve been up to.

I was in Helsinki with Zara today. She was hungry, so we went to eat. Here’s what I had:

A big ice-cream (strawberry, vanilla and salty licquorice) with heart-shaped pink waffels, whipped cream and sauce. And freshly juiced orange juice, the best drink you can get, after blood orange juice. ♥

And before I finish, I’d like to get your opinion on something. As you might or might not see in some of those photos, I have tried to keep my bangs off my face as much as possible lately. Yay or nay? I actually like the look more than I thought I would, but as I was searching through some old photos I came across this:

Kiharatjakukkapaita It tempts me to cut my bangs again! Why does it always have to be so hard to decide on a hairstyle? Last week I almost convinced myself to get a bob cut again… Gah!

~♥~

Okay, that was it! I’m sorry about the hugeism, the fangirlism, the failism and all the other isms in this post. :'3 And sorry for anything I might have forgotten to mention. And for the language. Excitement and tiredness isn’t a good combination – especially if you’ve had a two-week break in blogging.

Anyway, until next time, honeys!

♥ Hetha ♥

P.S. I want to make hats! :D

2 comments:

  1. Ihana toi kuva mis sul on toi punanen paita. ;_;

    "By the way, corsets can really do wonders to one’s bust." Rohkenen epäillä toimisko se mun kohalla. xDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Zara:
    Kiitos~! ;_;

    ...Ei voi tietää ennen ku kokeilee! ;D

    ReplyDelete