2010/08/03

Ways to prevent brain death

The title is inspired by my overflowing fangirlism for everything that happens to cross my way. If you are a fandom magnet like me, I strongly suggest staying away from the computer, or at least limit the time per week (or per day) that you can spend in the net. But more about my mental problems later. I’ll do this chronologically.

~♥~

Let’s start with my Finland mini-rail I did last week with my friend Pia (who is clearly my senior, born one day before me). Just to annoy the life out of my readers, I managed to take the grand amount of zero photos during our five-day trip around Finland. Isn’t that just great? :D No need to worry though, I have got a few photos to show you anyway.

Our trip started with a two and a half-hours long travel by train from Helsinki to Mikkeli. We stayed at Pia’s father’s parent’s summer house (I probably could have put that in other words, but my English is completely failing me. Ah, this is going to be lovely.) for the first night, continuing through Pieksämäki to Jyväskylä in the morning. The Finnish summer was showing its best during the whole trip, so we were pretty much dead tired throughout the days, as the temperature kept staying above 30 Celsius degrees. Jyväskylä was an okay place, but as it is a student town and we were there in June, it was pretty quiet everywhere in the evening. We did buy a couple of drinks in the evening, though. ;)

From Jyväskylä we headed towards Tampere, where we stayed for two nights. Tampere was a positive experience, even though the restaurants closed down pretty early, at 11 p.m. usually. We had reserved a whole day for visiting the Särkänniemi amusement park, which turned out to be a good decision. Here’s the wristband/ticket to the park:

We really took everything… Mitä hiivattia on koko rahan edestä englanniksi?! Kohta luovutan! Ahem, sorry about that, my English is SERIOUSLY failing me. Must be the fandom… How could I say this simply… We went to Särkänniemi just before noon when it opened for the day and stayed there until 7 p.m. when it closed. Money well spent. :D

After Tampere we headed for Rauma, where we were going to see Semmarit (a.k.a. Seminaarinmäen mieslaulajat), a Finnish a cappella group. Pia is a big fan of theirs and she really got me into it, too. (Act surprised, everyone! xD) We actually saw them from the first row, can you believe it? Pia was over the moon for just that. But this isn’t where our good luck ended. After the gig, we headed to a restaurant to get some dessert and a drink or two. After we had finished eating, it just so happens that two Semmari singers came to sit in our table! We ended up heading to a small bar with them and spending the rest of the night chatting with various members of the group. We only headed to our hotel at 1:30 a.m., tired but tremendously happy.

The next day was our last, and we headed for Turku to see Pia’s other grandparents. I took a train back home, but Pia stayed for the night to see Semmarit again.

~♥~

Okay, that was our mini-rail in a nutshell. In a very small nutshell on my scale, I might add. ^^ Now, on to everyone’s favourite part, photos!

I bought these two rings at a flea market in Mikkeli.

When I got back home, these babies were waiting for me. *-* I bought GACKT’s new single collection from CDJapan and apparently the first press edition came with an awesome plastic pocket. 8D Now I feel like collecting all my fan stuff in one place, take lots of photos and do a huge blog post of fandom. Luckily I’ll be away from the computer for the next five days so you won’t have to suffer from my stupid ideas. x3

I felt like taking photos the other day…

VessakuvaAnd the results are crappy, as always. (Check my vampire blog for more nightly photos. ^__~)

~♥~

And then on to the problems of my mind… I can’t get over my fandoms for the time being. GACKT. Semmarit. Takara-freaking-zuka (is that the way I’m supposed to put it? :'D).

Zara is in Japan at the moment and that evil little thing (whom I tremendously love) is talking to me via MSN, telling about how she went to see a hanagumi show today. *______* I’m having a Zuka high just for listening to her (...reading what she’s writing…) and she, being the angel she is, has bought me a Zuka DVD, a magazine and who knows what for who knows how many yen. ;______;♥ I’ll be in eternal gratitude for her. If I won’t die of a heart attac when she gets back in Finland, that is. Well, I’ll be a gratefull dead person in that case. :D

…I’ve had such good luck with gigs this year, maybe I’ll win a trip to Japan to see Mizu’s last performance in Takarazuka?

~♥~

Well, I’m off to Denmark tomorrow, after having my last entrance exam, so I’ll see you all again next week. I’ll finally be continuing with my driving lessons, something I’m not all that excited about. D: And since I couldn’t make it last weekend, I’ll be going to my godparents’ summer house on the 13th. (Friday the 13th, by the way. O.O)

Until next time, honeys~! Let’s hope that my next post is going to be a less-failing one…

3 comments:

  1. You have some awesome fandoms. I seems to keep developing fandoms over British stuff lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jos voitat matkan Japaniin niin ota toki mut mukaan. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brown: Thank you! It's great to hear something other than 'you're crazy' for once. :D British stuff definitely sounds like something I could be developing fandoms to. I've been into some British male actors lately, and the accent of course. ;)

    @Zara: Täytyy yrittää voittaa useamman hengen matka sit. xD

    ReplyDelete