2010/05/27

The vampirism strikes back

Yes, my dear readers, I have officially refound my inner vampire! I guess I kind of lost her among all that Takarazuka-fangirlism, winter depression, otokoyaku style loving, school and other random things which have occupied my life during these past eight months or so. (My vampire tag actually tells me that I have been rambling something about vampires a couple of times during that time, but a total obsession has stayed in the back of my mind.) With vampirism, obviously my love for nobility has also got stronger and I’ve been in a princess mode. But if you want to read more about that and see some photos, you can visit my other blog. ^^

Graduation dress update: I haven’t made any progress during these past two weeks. WHOOPSIE. :__D Well, maybe this weekend? Tomorrow?

I’ve got some good and bad news for you. Bad news first. My old camera, dear Tutankhamen (a.k.a. der Tod) died tragically. It just broke down when I was taking photos. At first I thought that it was just out of batteries, but then it wouldn’t turn on even with the batteries full. And it was just when I was having a princess photo shoot. Here be a webcam photo for you anyways:

Picture 981You can see a part of my graduation dress, the white corset, here. ^^ And the staring GACKT on the background, he must not be forgotten!

And now on to the good news! My dad was kind enough to buy me a new camera right the next day! Let me introduce you to my new baby, Scarlett –DIVA version- (She Is My Sin). *drum solo*

Ahem, a tiny mirror photo, sorry about that. ^^' Anyways, she’s red and tiny and she’s got some 12.1 megapixels, so that’s a major update from der Tod with his 7.1 megapixels. I wouldn’t want to resize my high quality photos at all!

I’ve forgotten half of the things I meant to blog about… >____>'' Well, I guess I should mention the warm weather we had here in Finland last week. What a bliss to have nothing to do but to sit inside and watch the L-word spend time outside in the sun. I painted our terrace and got a sunburn on my back. :')

Hmm what else? Oh, right. I had my first entrance exam yesterday, and after sitting in the exam for an hour trying not to fall asleep, I left an almost empty paper to the inspector and headed out to find Taina. We spent the rest of the morning in Helsinki, getting rid of our money. I bought four new mangas, Vampire Knight 6, Love Celeb 3 and accidentally started collecting a new series, Kuroshitsuji. I’m still not accustomed to calling it by it’s English name, Black Butler. Well, I didn’t mean to, but I ended up buying two volumes, because I didn’t look too carefully and bought the second volume first. When I noticed this I just had to buy the first volume, right? And now I have a grand total of 110 mangas. :__D

I’ve also got addicted to Promarkers (thanks, Taina) and as of yesterday/today, Neopikos too. I’m finally finding my creativity muse after such a long time!

Strange, even when I’ve got nothing to write I end up rambling for ages. :'D

I spent my weekend at my grandparents’ cottage with them and my dad, collectin these mushrooms:

And obviously I had to try out Scarlett’s abilities at macro photography. :'3

And lastly, I want to share with you a musical masterpiece by Hans Zimmer:

God, that song is just beautiful! Especially in Hebrew, for obvious reasons. I’ve always loved the Prince of Egypt, but not until with my recent interest in film music have I noticed what an amazing piece of art this song is. This is one of the songs that have the chills running down my spine every single time I hear it. “River, oh river” especially. *___* And the most amazing thing is that this song was sung by an Israeli singer Ofra Haza in 28 different languages, including Finnish. I’ve always just thought that the Finnish singer was changing her pronounciation to bring a certain mood to the song, but to think that the singer actually doesn’t speak one word of Finnish – wow. Just wow. I love this soooo much. Today I even started crying a couple of times while listening to this. (I already had the major music orgasm regarding this song months ago, but it still rises such strong emotions.) Rest in peace, Ofra Haza. (P.S. I just had to buy this through Spotify. *-*)

Next post: nails.

♥ Hetha ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment